The National Association of State Foresters (NASF) 2013 Annual Meeting finished up last Thursday in Hot Spring, Virginia. The meeting themed 'Embrace the Possibilities' focused on the importance of working with partners and coalitions to accomplish common goals and ensure that we take advantage of opportunities to further policy positions at the national level. NASF was honored to be hosted by Virginia State Forester Carl Garrison and his staff, all of whom were amazing and ensured that the meeting went off without a hitch!
Among other important business, the association approved six policy positions by resolution at the meeting, including:
- NASF Resolution 2013-1 – Green Building;
- NASF Resolution 2013-2 – Forest Certification;
- NASF Resolution 2013-3 – Forest Legacy;
- NASF Resolution 2013-4 – Federal Forest Management;
- NASF Resolution 2013-5 – Wildland Fire Funding; and
- NASF Resolution 2013-6 – APHIS Forest Pest Work.
The resolutions are voted on by the membership and guide the association in their efforts to address forestry issues at the federal level. You can view a summary document of all of the 2013 resolutions on the NASF website.