The National Association of State Foresters(NASF) handed out five awards at its 2012 Annual Meeting in Cheyenne, Wyoming last week. Each year NASF members nominate individuals for awards representing different categories that reflect the work they have done to promote, support and strengthen the forestry community nationwide. This year's winners include:
- Jim Hull Lifetime Achievement Award – Larry Kotchman, State Forester, North Dakota Forest Service
- Jim Hull Lifetime Achievement Award – John Rosenow, Chief Executive, The Arbor Day Foundation
- Earl Peterson Current Achievement Award for Fire Protection – Dan Smith, Fire Director, National Association of State Foresters
- Stewart Pequignot Current Achievement Award for Urban Forestry – Paul Revell, Urban & Community Forestry Coordinator, Virginia Department of Forestry
- Austin Short Current Achievement Award for Communications – Susan Granbery, Urban & Community Forestry Coordinator, Georgia Forestry Commission
We congratulate this year's winners and thank them for their commitment to the forestry community!