World Forestry Center International Educators Institute announced for July 2013
World Forestry Center International Educators Institute (IEI) will take place July 7-13, 2013, in Portland, Oregon.
IEI is designed for experienced leaders actively working in education, research, natural resource management and strategic communication. Applicants are typically affiliated with government, business, associations, NGO’s, universities, local schools, museums, and science centers. Participation is strictly limited to 25 participants and staff.
To qualify for selection, applicants must have:
- Experience in natural resource fields.
- Current teaching or education-outreach responsibilities.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and professional level recognition.
- Proficiency in English language – written and verbal.
- Ability to travel outdoors for extended periods, sometimes in challenging conditions.
Applications are processed in order received with deadline for submission on March 1.
- Biomass & Renewable Energy
- Climate Change
- USDA Forest Service
- Pests and Disease
- Urban Forests
- International Forestry
- Water Quality
- Forest Health
- Green Building
- Farm Bill
- Member Resources
- Environmental Markets
- National Forests
- Forestry & Endangered Species
- Forest Inventory & Analysis
- Forest Certification
- NASF Annual Meeting
- Air Quality
- Tax Policy