Texas A&M Forest Service is seeking a Communications and Marketing Specialist. This position will help implement the agency’s communications strategic plan and drive internal consensus around an ongoing public relations agenda to provide stakeholders and consumers with meaningful information that helps them understand the importance of forest land management, fire management, conservation education, forest marketing and industry leadership and how they need to rethink their beliefs, attitudes and values as they relate to these issues. The most competitive applicants will demonstrate:
- ability to connect with people and to persuade them,
- effective communication skills and best practices,
- proficiency with new media and emerging technology,
- experience conducting media and public relations; and
- ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
Location: College Station, TX
Major duties: Marketing and communications:
· Help develop and administer marketing and communications initiatives that promote Forest Resource Development and conservation education.
· Work with communications team to create and implement a social media marketing strategy; manage agency-wide pages, respond to feedback and questions, monitor, measure and report, coordinate the editorial calendar, partner with other departments and programs to train and optimize their page management. Develop, maintain standard operating procedures
· Assist with creation and implementation of marketing, communications and public relations initiatives, events and special projects involving media, social media, community partners and primary audiences in line with the agency strategic communications and marketing plan.
· Conduct media relations activities including news writing, interviews, serving as spokesperson, developing media lists, pitching, news releases, inquiries and tracking news
Design and development:
· Write and edit print and digital materials. Coordinate publication and production with subject matter experts, designer and printer. Work with agency personnel and vendors.
· Possess proficient skills in graphic design and layout. Assist with creative concept concepts and some technical development
· Capture agency news, event and activities through photography and video.
Support and training:
· Support, add value and adhere to the team’s digital communications strategy, plan and best practices in all communications and marketing activities. Continuously seek improvement of our processes and resources, and adoption of technology.
· Support and train agency employees on use and best practice of communications and marketing activities.
· Support incident information and PIOs during an incident. Back-up manager of social and web pages dedicated to incident information.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, public relations, journalism, marketing or related field. Master’s degree preferred. Must have or be able to obtain a Texas driver license within 30 days of employment and have a driving record that meets agency requirements.
Essential Knowledge and Required Skills: Two or more years of marketing, communications or related experience. Strong working knowledge of media relations, public relations, marketing, graphic design.
Some work may occur after hours and require out of town travel. Employment is contingent upon the agency’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by agency procedures, including the completion of a criminal history check. Finalists will be required to furnish a copy of official transcript documenting degree conferred. Texas law requires all males 18-25 show proof of compliance with federal Selective Service law to be eligible for employment.
Working Conditions: Office with minimal field work.
Employment Status: Full-time position with full benefits
Closing date: August 5, 2018
Application Procedure: Interested persons may obtain more information at http://texasforestservice.tamu.edu/content/article.aspx?id=20086
Contact: Linda Moon, Communications and Marketing Manager, (979) 458-6614, email@example.com