Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, Division of Forestry, is hiring a natural resources planner to provide planning and project management services to a wide variety of division priorities. This is a great opportunity for an early to midcareer professional with creative problem solving skills to build their portfolio of natural resources planning experience in a complex and dynamic environment. The work is varied enough to provide wide exposure to the division’s people, programs, and data. This posting is open to all qualified job seekers, so please pass along to those in your network who might be a good fit!
The Forestry Division Planner position is responsible for:
- Coordinating the development of the Annual Division of Forestry Work Plans and related accomplishment reports,
- Administering the Division of Forestry Policy Framework, and contributing to operational policy development and communication efforts,
- Providing planning services on high priority Division of Forestry projects and activities, and
- Supporting the Forest Resources Planning, Applied Science, and Forest Policy programs in Division of Forestry.
(Among other requirements found in the posting) We are looking for someone with:
- At least two years professional natural resources planning experience,
- Planning and project management skills,
- Knowledge of forest science and management, and
- Excellent communication skills!
(See posting for more details!)
Summary information about the posting is found below. To apply, search Job ID 26435 in the careers portal at https://mn.gov/mmb/careers/
Interested parties please contact Amber Ellering, Forest Policy and Planning Supervisor, at Amber.Ellering@state.mn.us for questions about the position.
Job ID: 26435
Working Title: Forestry Division Planner
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 09/10/2018
Closing Date: 09/24/2018
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Department of Natural Resources
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
Days of Work: Monday - Friday
Travel Required: Yes
Salary Range: $22.92 - $33.62/hourly; $47,856 - $70,198/annually
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 214 - MAPE
Work Location: St Paul
Employment Condition: Full-Time, Unlimited
FLSA Status: Exempt - Administrative
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes